I'm glad to announce a new SDK and an executable version for windows.
SDK (Software Development Kit) for Visual Studio 2008 :
The SDK is configured to generate a binary in debug/release configuration. You may have some issues if the "command arguments" option is not set.Please make sure to have the "command arguments" set to "--load-source-directory="data" --save-source-directory="data/". the "command arguments" option can be set through the menu Project => Properties => Debugging => Command Arguments.
All dependencies have already been set up and you should have nothing to do.
This SDK has been successfully tested on several hosts thanks to loridaz and Heinrich. So no one should encounter any issue.
The only issue is that you have to copy/paste manually new source at each update in the project ... (for the next release i will try to configured scons to generate a VS Project, a ticket is open if someone want to try it :)).
One workaround would be to replace the bare source code by a git repository.
Binary version 0.1.6RC1 :
For non-developers, a release binary has been created, though it's not the final version (it will be announced later), but it's a mainly there to show Gnoll runs also on Windows.
Others news :
To follow :
- Some bugs in the scene have been detected and are being taken care of
- Interaction with the UI is now possible
- Several tickets have been opened about development/tools/website
- Management of POSIX signals are on their way
- Some other bugs have been fixed (ex: one bug was preventing the state of the scene being saved at exit time)
- Scene module should be fixed pretty soon
- Signals management will be completeed
- Integration of variants with scons for cleaner builds (it will be hard ...)
- Release the next version of Gnoll 0.1.7. See http://www.gnoll.org/flyspray/index.php?do=roadmap&project=1to check its status